Upcoming Plagia Rama 19 March (Brussels)


Maybe it’s a good thing for us to keep a few dreams of a house that we shall live in later, always later, so much later, in fact, that we shall not have time to achieve it.

Gaston Bachelard

I turn the warm water knob on and wait for a while. I undress myself and slowly slip into the bath. Steam is rising around my body and while I submerge myself, my skin burns which is a satisfying sensation.

It is a long and tiresome journey, the journey to find the perfect sponge. Instead of absorbing, it now rejects the water, making my bath experience longer lasting, while I’m trying to clean my body that seems to be failing.

Now the soap basket is overflown and the toilet paper is not working. While I stand uncomfortably on the bathmat I attempt to brush my teeth, only gravity seems to be working against me. The same thing happened when I was trying to clean the toilet.

How I long for the moment when it al becomes real. 

Reacties